Friday, March 19, 2010

Quotes by Mary Shelley (1)

1.Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.
2.No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.
3.Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist in creating out of void but out of chaos.
4.The beginning is always today.
5.If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear!
6.The world to me was a secret, which I desired to discover; to her it was a vacancy, which she sought to people with imaginations of her own.
7.How dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to be greater than his nature will allow.
8.With how many things are we on the brink of becoming acquainted, if cowardice or carelessness did not restrain our inquiries.
9.Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.
10.once I falsely hoped to meet the beings who, pardoning my outward form, would love me for the excellent qualities which I was capable of unfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment